Cocktail sausages stuffed with slug pellets were found by a dog walker on Cuckoo Trail, a popular dog walking area, last Wednesday.
An RSPCA spokesman said:
“We are deeply concerned about any spate of suspected poisonings, but especially one where evidence suggests it may be deliberate. Animals, and especially dogs, are often extremely curious and will be drawn to food. Ingesting just the smallest amounts of some substances can lead to kidney failure and death.
If anyone suspects that their dog has been poisoned they must take it to a vet immediately. If possible, they should take a sample of what the dog has eaten.”
This cruel act must be stopped! If you have any information regarding the identity of the people trying to poison innocent dogs, you are encouraged to call the RSPCA’s national cruelty line on 0300 1234 999.