Home Labrador News Labrador Starts Fire After Accidentally Turning On Stove While Sniffing For Pizza

Labrador Starts Fire After Accidentally Turning On Stove While Sniffing For Pizza

385
0

Sometimes a dog’s love for food can get them and us in trouble.

In Connecticut, a Labrador started a fire after accidentally turning on the stove while sniffing for pizza.

A home security camera captured the incident.

Labrador Starts Fire After Accidentally Turning On Stove While Sniffing For Pizza

Gary LeClerc and his family recently had pizza for dinner in their home in Waterbury, Connecticut. The pizza boxes were left on the stove and one their dogs, a black Labrador, climbed up to sniff the boxes. As the Lab searched for leftovers, she accidentally turned on one of the burners. In just a few seconds, the pizza boxes were on fire.

It’s a great thing that Gary saw the fire before it spread and burned the entire house.

“We never even thought that could happen. It just doesn’t cross people’s minds,” Gary told Inside Edition.

Gary and his family are grateful they caught it in time.

Read: Reporter Braves San Francisco Wildfire Zone To Rescue Labrador Dog!

“If we had come in a minute later it would have been a very different situation,” Katie, Gary’s wife said.

In the United States, about 700 fires are started by pets each year.

Veterinarian Dr. Jeff Werber recommends that dog owners take the knobs off the stove.

“Pets can actually start a fire that can burn down a home,” Dr. Werber told Inside Edition. “Never leave a room with your pets in the room and you out of the room. Under the sinks, we probably store things that we shouldn’t. Anything flammable should not be under the sink.”