Home Labrador News Labrador Cross Puppy Saved By Emergency Surgery After Eating Fake Dog Poo

Labrador Cross Puppy Saved By Emergency Surgery After Eating Fake Dog Poo

164
0

Labrador Cross Puppy Saved By Emergency Surgery After Eating Fake Dog PooA Labrador cross puppy facing impending death after eating a dog poo toy was saved by emergency surgery this week.

When owner Shelly Bryson, 33 from Dundee discovered that her six month old puppy, Boo, a black Labrador cross had swallowed a fake dog poo toy, she called the PDSA, the UK’s leading veterinary charity

To her relief, the PDSA vet, Stephan Hunt, performed life-saving surgery on her dog. Labrador Cross Boo has now recovered after undergoing emergency surgery

Unfortunately for Boo, the toy had lodged in his intestines causing a potentially life-threatening blockage. Shelly said she and her family were “worried sick” and called the PDSA straight away. As she explains:  “For some reason Boo decided to eat it and swallowed it down in one. I got straight on the phone to PDSA as she had been sick and was refusing to eat, and they told me to bring her in immediately.”

Apparently, her daughter, Reese had accidentally knocked over a bag of dog biscuits and the fake dog toy was also lying on the floor.

The PDSA vet explained that like Boo, dogs often eat unsuitable items and he referred to this as ‘pica’. As dogs are so inquisitive, they will often explore things with their mouths and this can lead to swallowing or eating undesirable objects.

Shelly Bryson praised the PDSA vets. Now that the panic is over she says she can laugh about the incident but states that she will ensure that there are no more dog poo toys allowed in the house

You can read the original article here.

Image: PDSA/BBC UK

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here