As Valentine’s Day draws near, Big Heart Pet Brands released the results of a US-wide survey asking over 3,000 dog owners how often they engage in loving behavior – such as doggie kisses, hugs, and cuddling – with their dogs.
California ranked number one and has been named the most Puppy Loving US State!
Big Heart Pet Brands – the makers of Milk-Bone dog treats— found out that:
- 39 percent of unmarried women and 23 percent of unmarried men would rather spend Valentine’s Day with their dog than a romantic partner.
- 66 percent of women and 59 percent of men find a potential partner more attractive if they have a dog.
- 20 percent of single men said having a dog helped them get more dates.Expressing affection for a dog, treating their pooch like a family member, and buying a gift for their doghelped them find that dream boy or girl.
- When the survey takers were asked why they are grateful for their dogs, 86 percent said their dog gave them comfort in bad times and 64 percent looked forward to seeing their dog when away.
- More than 65 percent of owners said their dog made them a better person,while 71 percent said their dog brought joy into their life.
- For Valentine’s Day itself, more than a third buy their pooches a gift or special treat,while a quarter of owners include their dog in an outing for the day.
- Other activities dog owners included are – leaving a special note or posting their dog’s photos on social media.
- Nearly half the owners tell their dogs how much they loved them on Valentine’s Day.
The U.S. is generally a dog-loving country. The 10 U.S. states that love their dogs the most are:
- New York
Whether your state is on list or not, we’re pretty sure your love your pooches so dearly!
Source: Oakdale Leader