The celebration of this pawsome howliday started in 2004 to encourage people to adopt and raise awareness towards the increasing number of dogs in shelters.
We’re giving you ideas on how you can spend this beautiful occasion!
- ADOPT a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization.
- If you can’t, VOLUNTEER at your local shelter and offer to walk a dog or play with a dog, or any activity you can help with! Let’s make those doggy tails wag!
- If you can’t, DONATE! Let’s make sure our shelter dogs are provided and taken care of! They deserve it!
- Take your Labradors out for an ADVENTURE! Perhaps, take him to the beach and let him roll over the sand!
- EDUCATE little kids on how to properly interact with dogs!
- Have a doggy PHOTOSHOOT!
- PURCHASE a Lab shirt here, and wear it proud!
- Treat your beloved Labbie to a DOG SPA!
- Or PLAY WITH A STRAY DOG and give him lots of food, treats, or if he will let you, belly rubs!
- Spend the entire day, SNUGGLING with your Lab. Don’t forget to treat him like a king!
What are your plans for today? Let us know in the comments section below! Enjoy!