In California, a chocolate Labrador Retriever saved a man from a fire inside his house. The smoke detector was not working.
According to Sacramento Fire Department spokesman Roberto Padilla, the man told firefighters he was sleeping when his dog, Buddy, nudged him awake on Thursday night, December 18. The man saw the fire burning in a bedroom at the back of the house.
Later, the man went to the hospital to be treated for probable smoke inhalation.
Padilla also says that the man did not remember hearing a smoke alarm. The firefighters also found no evidence of a working smoke detector in the house.
Source: CBS Sacramento